"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." ~the Grey Pilgrim

Take a peek, into my world!

Friday, January 21, 2011

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:...

...if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20.

Now, I know that most people use this verse as a word picture to describe salvation, and they may be right; but that is not what caught my attention this morning, as I pondered the last few weeks and months. This reminder is written to the Church at Laodicea, and the vivid word picture of the Almighty vomitting these lukewarm souls. Again, this is not the point of my post today, but yet another fantastic description in this epic writing.

What I realized this morning, is that, personally for me, this scripture is describing a merciful Visitor, waiting at the heart's door of his inattentive, or maybe disobedient, child...waiting for the invitation to come in and fellowship together.

Several months ago, I realized that I had stopped taking the time to nuture my spirit, and reflect on the majesty of the Creator. My step to return may be seen as a "selfish" prayer, but a sincere one, in faith nothing wavering...though as time went by, my faith nearly collapsed as I second-guessed myself repeatedly. Then in a matter of two weeks, my prayer was answered. Almost immediately before this answer, another situation was made perfectly clear that the One Who Provides had made a way for me. Most recently, as my Hunny and I discussed a significant question regarding our future, the Author of All again confirmed it.

So, when you have lost your way, or stop paying attention, or even if in disobedience; the answer is simple. Stop, turn around. Answer the door, and He promises to enter in for fellowship.

No comments: