"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." ~the Grey Pilgrim

Take a peek, into my world!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Mexican night!

Tonight, I decided to try another recipe from Pinterest, Taco Bake.  To accompany it, I heated up some refried beans (mixed with whole red beans), Best Spanish Rice and green beans (with onions and bacon, requested by Hunny!)

Here's a picure of all of it together...please ignore the mess on the remainder of the table... *blush*

Now, truth be told, I didn't follow the recipe for the Taco Bake exactly, I forgot to get some salsa con queso; but I faked it with a bit of chunky salsa and some shredded cheese melted into the meat mixture.  Hunny loved it!  Rated it an 8/10 stars. 

The Best Spanish Rice was, in fact, super easy to put together; and tasted pretty good (though I'm not a huge fan of spanish rice).  Hunny had seconds, so I figure it tasted good to him. :)  It was a bit wetter than most spanish rice I get a resturant, but Hunny says he likes it better that way...so I'm sure this will re-appear again for other mexican dinners.

The green beans were relatively simple, but again, Hunny liked them...and that's what matters!

I'm really excited about this meal, and will probably try to reproduce it when my parent visit next week.

Here's the pics of the Taco Bake and the Best Spanish Rice.  ~Tik

 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, I admire the writing style :) A little off topic here but what theme are you using? Looks pretty cool.

Tik said...

Actually, I'm not sure which theme it is; but looking at the current ones, I *think* it is the blue TRAVEL one.